Privacy Statement, Cookies & Terms
This is the website of Enniskerry Physiotherapy Clinic – www.ephysio.ie. We respect your right to privacy.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This Practice aims to ensure the highest standard of care for our patients. We understand that a Practice must be governed by an ethic of privacy and confidentiality. How we deal with our information is consistent with the privacy principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Patient consent is a key factor in dealing with patient health information. This policy is about making consent meaningful by informing you of our policies and practices for dealing with your personal information.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
In order to provide for your care here we need to collect and keep information about you and your health on our records.
- We will retain your information securely.
- We will only ask for and keep information that is necessary.
- We will keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirements.
- We will attempt to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- We will explain the need for any information we ask for if you are not sure why it is needed.
- We ask you for inform us about any relevant changes that we should know about, such as any new medical treatment or change of contact details.
- All persons in the practice (not already covered by a professional confidentiality code) sign a confidentiality agreement that explicitly makes clear their duties in relation to handling personal health information and the consequences of breaching that duty. Practice staff may have access to your records for:
– Typing referral letters to GPs, hospital consultants, etc.
– Opening letters from hospitals and consultants. These letters may be appended to your paper record or scanned into your electronic record.
– Scanning clinical letters, reports and other documents not available in electronic format.
– Photocopying or printing documents for referral to consultants.
– Handling, printing, photocopying and mailing or emailing medico-legal, health insurance reports etc. and associated documents.
– We will only keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Access to patient records is regulated to ensure that they are used only to the extent that enables the practice staff to perform their tasks for the proper functioning of the Practice. In this regard, we may need to pass some of your information to other health and social care professionals in order to provide you with the treatment and services you need. Only the relevant part of your record will be released. These other professionals are also legally bound to treat your information with the same duty of care and confidentiality that we do.
Enniskerry Physiotherapy Clinic Ltd.
Directors: Ruth Magee MPhty, BA (HONS), BSc, MISCP. D. Whelehan MA
Company Number: 401333
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. Cookies help make this website work and provide information to us about how users interact with our site. We use this information to improve our website.
The cookies we use help to provide us with anonymised, aggregated technical information. This is principally so that we can make sure that the website is easy to navigate, identify the areas that are of particular interest to visitors and generally improve the site and our services. The information that we collect in this process will not identify you as an individual. We do not seek to identify individual visitors unless they volunteer their contact details through one of the forms on the site. In some circumstances our records will identify organisations visiting our site and we may use that information in managing our relationship with those organisations, for example, in considering how to develop the services that we offer them.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
When you accessed this website our cookies were sent to your web browser and stored on your computer. If you wish to remove them, you can manage this via the settings on your browser, but note that this may impact your ability to utilise this and other web sites. The way to clear cookies varies from one browser to another. You should look in the “help” menu of your web browser for full instructions. For your reference, please click the following links for details on how to manage cookies in each of the major web browsers:
• Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835)
• Firefox (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored)
• Chrome (http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647)
• Opera (http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/)
• Safari (http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042)
• Safari for iPad and iPhone (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677)
Enniskerry Physiotherapy Clinic does not require users to submit any personal data. However, if a user avails of an opportunity to send us information, such as through requesting additional information on services, this information will only be used by Enniskerry Physiotherapy Clinic for the purposes for which it was provided by you and for marketing and administration purposes. The Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003, provide you with a right of access to, and the right to correct any inaccuracies in, any personal data supplied to us.
Statistical and analytical information collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and logs and Google Analytics provides us with general and not individually specific information. No attempt will be made to attempt to identify individual users, or to associate any technical information collected with any individual user.
Enniskerry Physiotherapy Clinic shall not be liable in respect of any claims, emergencies, demands, causes of action, damages, losses, expenses, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees and costs of proceedings arising out of or in connection with the use and/or dissemination of personal information relating to you in accordance with this privacy statement and your consents.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from this website, that we have no control over that other website. Ephysio.ie has no responsibility for the privacy practices of other websites.
Ephysio.ie reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this privacy statement at any time, and you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.